Practice owners know that not all new patients equal the same results for your business. Typically, there are a few types of new patients that each present their own unique set of pros and cons. From compliance issues and delinquent payees to stretching superstars and frequent referrers, the patient can often make or break the experience with your clinic. So how can you target the right type of patients that bring both results and revenue to your practice?
PT advertising is not just creating monthly newsletters and posting blogs to your website and social media. Marketing is only successful in attracting new patients when the ideal viewer is within your target. For example, your goal is to get 20 new patients per month from your website and social media. Each month you are getting 15 appointments from the website and 5 from Facebook. But, those from Facebook tend to be less reliable and compliant with more payment issues. On one hand, you are meeting your goal of 20 new patients per month from online marketing. However, 5 of those often yield less than optimal results and create billing challenges for your practice. How can you still make your online marketing conversion goal—and get better patients from Facebook? The answer is targeted advertising.
First, you need to identify the demographics around which patients perform the best for your practice from a conversion and compliance perspective. Are they mostly 35-55 years old professionals? Or, do you see the best results with seniors 55+ who are retired? Maybe athletes age 25-45 with full-time jobs are top patients. Once you know your advertising demographic, it’s time to optimize your marketing to attract those new patients.
5 Tips to Target New Patients with Advertising:
- For older populations, invest more heavily in print marketing such as newsletters or postcards. This demographic is less likely to convert from online sources like your website or social media. Having an informative and persuasive promotion that explains the benefits of PT and drives a “Call to Make an Appointment” message.
- For busy professional populations, target quick digital advertising that fits with their on-the-go lifestyle. Emails, e-newsletters and your website are key points of interest to these patients. There is a balance of advertising and spamming though! You need to find that sweet spot of staying top of mind but not feeling overwhelming or aggressive.
- For those with full-time jobs or active families, advertising should aim for times and days when they have a chance to slow down and digest the information. Sending an email at 10 AM on a Monday will most likely be deleted or ignored. Instead, opt to send emails and social media posts in the afternoon or evening to stand out among the other communications.
- For retirees, try a mix of timing and media to reach those prospective patients. Post to Facebook between 8-11AM to reach seniors catching up online. Radio and TV commercials also work well for this group. You can also get creative with ads in the newspaper and flyers at community centers.
- For younger demographics, the key factor is to make it easy to book an appointment. Students and young professionals do not want to have to call into the office. Use your website and social media to drive viewers to an online “Make Appointment” form that someone from your office will promptly respond to. Incorporating services like Online Bill Pay and scheduling are key to feel relevant to the digital crowd.
To target new patients with physical therapy advertising, you need to 1) know who you want to reach and 2) how to best reach them. This takes a mix of diving deep into your marketing analytics and optimizing content + delivery for your promotions. For more information and to schedule a webinar with a marketing expert, contact us today!
The Ultimate PT Marketing Funnel™
A 5-Step Formula to 2X Your New PatientsDownload Now